Although the majority of bird records are submitted by members of the Buckinghamshire Bird Club, we are always pleased to receive records from other birders. We ask that only records that are reliable are submitted. Please indicate if there is any doubt over the identification or origin of an unusual species. For certain scarce species within the county, you may be asked to supply written “field notes” before the record can be accepted as part of the official county records. Forms to use for the submission of scarce and rare species can be downloaded on the Reporting Scarce and Rare Birds page.
Bird sightings should be submitted through the “Goingbirding” database that is linked with this website. Goingbirding has been used since 2009 and contains a huge amount of bird records for Buckinghamshire and are accessible to everyone.
The following pages my help you with submitting bird sightings :-
- Registering to submit bird sightings
- Submitting bird sightings
- Getting news of scarce birds out quickly.
- Using the Search features in the database
- Uploading photos of birds to the database
- Information in the database
- Reporting scarce and rare species